Prerequisite; Licensed Massage Therapist
This one day class will give students a greater understanding of the muscles, fascia and connective tissues of the glenohumeral, acromioclavicular and sternoclavicular joints. Clients suffer everyday from rotator cuff problems. Fortunately many problems are reversible with the application of simple therapeutic techniques. This fun one day class will add many valuable techniques to the Massage Therapists tool box.
Students will learn
* Range of Motion Testing – simple assessment procedures to identify lack of ROM. Testing will help students prepare treatment plans
* Techniques to improve the balance of musculature that cause joint pain.
* Myofascial protocols to lengthen the hypertonic Myofascial structures and strengthen the antagonist.
* Easy techniques such as scapular release and scapular mobilization to correct stretch weakened and adaptively shorten musculature.
* Muscle Energy Techniques for upper extremities.* Treatment protocols to help clients with frozen shoulders, rounded shoulders and joint capsule adhestions.
Duration 8hrs / CE's 8
Prerequisite: LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST
What do I bring to my class?
(PLEASE BRING YOUR FACE REST COVER, A SET OF SHEETS AND CREAM TO ALL WEEKEND CLASSES AND NOTE TAKING MATERIAL)
ALL STUDENTS TAKING COURSES AT THE SADDLE BROOK LOCATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING OWN MASSAGE TABLE TO CLASS.